Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coming this fall...

It seems I have good company also pregnant and due this fall- two beluga whales at the Shedd Aquarium!  I took special interest when I saw the headline.  I immediately wanted to know how long a beluga whale is pregnant.  As it turns out, the female belugas have a gestation period of 14.5 months.  If my whole pregnancy was like my second trimester has been, I would be fine with that.  My patience would be wearing thin, waiting excitedly to meet our little one for such a long time, but I could do it.  If my whole 14.5 months was like my first trimester, I don't think I would physically or emotionally make it through more than one pregnancy.  Thank goodness for feeling better.  Even if my third trimester is rough, I'll be able to find peace in the knowing that I'm due after 9.5 months- much easier than 14.5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...