Sunday, September 6, 2009

Imagine...

The Duggars family, of TLC's 18 Kids and Counting, is expecting number 19.  It's the mother's 18th pregnancy- her 18th round of morning sickness, her 18th labor.  It's more than I can wrap my head around, especially being in the middle of a pregnancy right now.  I cannot comprehend spending roughly 720 weeks of my life- that's 13.8 years- pregnant.  That's half my life so far!
I've been feeling much bigger this week.  I keep thinking of the idea that the third trimester is intended to make me so miserable that I will do anything to get the baby out, even push the baby out of a previously miniscule body part.  Every time I think of that, I think, No, I'm fine with things just the way they are right now.  Not big enough to complain yet.  
I managed to catch a nasty head cold this week that kept me home from work on Friday and has had me in bed all weekend.  I think I slept over 20 hours Friday, only waking up when I was hungry or needed to use the bathroom yet again.  It will be nice to have Monday to recover, too.  Tyler's taking care of me- and enjoying all the time he can spend playing video games uninterrupted.  He gets to work from home this week rather than travel for a short week, so I'm looking forward to a week with him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...