Saturday, September 12, 2009

32 weeks, here we come!

Yesterday afternoon I had another midwife appointment for my regular checkup and another fetal fibronectin test.  Everything looked good- Baby Girl has a strong heartbeat of about 130 beats per minute, I'm measuring perfectly on track (my uterus is 30 cm at 30 weeks), and I'm gaining weight nicely at the desired pound per week since my last appointment.  If my uterus would just calm down and lay off of the contractions, I'd be perfect!  I also had more blood drawn for a hepatitis C test, which I need in order to labor and possibly deliver in the birthing tub in the birth center (we're assuming that I make it to 37 weeks- power in positive thinking!).
This morning, my midwife called with my fFn results, which were negative, meaning I won't go into labor in the next two weeks.  That will put us at 32 1/2 weeks!  We'll keep doing the fFn tests at 32 and probably 34 weeks, and after that, we'll be far enough along that we won't need any more testing done.  Even though it's been terrifying at times to know that I'm at a higher risk of going into preterm labor, it's had the benefit of teaching me to be truly grateful for every day of my pregnancy.  I'm thankful for every day that Baby Girl has to continue growing inside of me, and the weekly milestones are true celebrations.  
I woke up early this morning and Mico and I walked over to the dog park.  After he'd worn himself out there, we started to walk the long way home.  Some days, my back hurts too much to walk very far, but today the walking felt great so Mico and I went for a nice, long walk through the Wicker Park neighborhood.  It was a beautiful way to spend a Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...