Monday, September 28, 2009

Celebrations

Yesterday was my Chicago baby shower, hosted by Kate.  It was such a wonderful time- delicious food and great friends are a good combination.  It felt like a rite of passage in many ways to have so many of my close female friends and family members acknowledge me as a mother.  There were many tears shed, starting within about 60 seconds of us walking into Kate's place!  I'll add photos here when I get them from Kate.
Today marks 33 weeks!  According to whattoexpect.com, I now have more baby in my uterus than amniotic fluid, quite a milestone developmentally.  Baby Girl has developed her own immune system by now.  She's putting on about a half pound a week at this point, and she could grow over an inch in the next week alone!  
Tyler is actually watching an episode of TLC's A Baby Story with me right now!  And earlier today, we watched an episode of Birth Day (which had me crying).  I'm enjoying watching Tyler's reactions to some of it, and it's a great opportunity for us to talk about different aspects of the birth.  That, and we're both just really excited to have a baby of our own.  So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...