Friday, October 16, 2009

ONE MONTH AND COUNTING!

One month until my due date!  Only 31 short days until November 16, the day to which we've been counting down since early March.  Even though there's no way to know if I'll go into labor earlier than the 16th or after that date, being within a month feels like a major milestone.  I think it sounds like it, too- from now on, when someone asks me how far along I am, I can simply reply "Less than a month to go."  That doesn't sound like much time, does it?  I'm sure at least once I'll hear in response, "Oh, you're about to pop any minute now!" (I actually did hear that once already, but it was from a guy Tyler's age with no experience with pregnant women- and he said it about 2 1/2 months ago.  He's lucky I'm not easily offended... or the slapping type, for that matter.)
I know that there is still a possibility that I could deliver after my due date, but knowing that I'll likely go into labor within the next month is so exciting.  I can't wait to meet this little girl who is kicking about inside of me and hold the little limbs and bottom that I can already feel through my stomach.  I'm still thankful for every day that Baby Girl has inside of me and I appreciate every day... and yet part of me feels like Tyler and hopes that this next month goes by quickly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...