Friday, May 14, 2010

To Tye, at 6 Months

Dear Tye,
You're six months old today.  Time has taken on an entirely new form for me since you were born, passing at once more quickly than ever and infinitely slowly.  

At six months old, you are such a happy baby.  You smile easily and almost constantly at me, at your dad, at Mico and Ziggy, at strangers we meet, at your Jumparoo, at my breast when you see it heading towards your hungry mouth.  You laugh when we sing to you and play games like peek-a-boo or the Itsy Bitsy Spider.  I'm relishing in every moment we cuddle now, knowing that all too soon, you'll be moving on your own and wanting to spend your time exploring your world.  Already, you're sitting on your own for short stretches and showing us that you're trying to figure out how to go about the whole crawling process.  As much as I look forward to those developments, I never want to leave these moments we have now.  

All my trusted friends with children insist that as their children grow, parenthood just keeps getting better by the day.  How is that possible?  How could anything be better than what I have already?  It's beyond the scope of my imagination, and yet I see that truth in you every day as our relationship deepens.  If our future together is going to be getting even better, bring it on.  

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.  Happy half birthday, Tye.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...