Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Favorite- Rockabye Baby Lullabyes

There are a few things in parenting that I don't know if I could live without. My ring sling and Kozy Carrier are high on that list, but one that I didn't expect was the Rockabye Baby lullabyes played on my iPhone. When Tye is upset in the car or on a long walk, as soon as I play the lullabyes on my iPhone, she calms down immediately. Tye can go from screaming to silent in under 6 seconds. It's truly amazing to hear her calm down so quickly, the way only nursing usually calms her.
The Rockabye Baby lullabyes are fun for us to listen to, too, because they're lullabye renditions of songs by our favorite bands. They cover everything from The Beatles to the Rolling Stones to Coldplay. One of our favorites is Bob Marley, which translates really well into tonal lullabye music. We also like Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead.
This music has been such a lifesaver for us. I'm so glad we found it! And to everyone who helped us expand our collection before Tye was born, thank you, thank you, thank you. Since I'm sure a few of you are quite curious as to what this music sounds like, here's All You Need is Love by The Beatles and Come As You Are by Nirvana- two very different genres so you can get a feel for each. I hope you enjoy the music as much as Tye does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...