Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bag slings vs. good slings

The "bag slings" made by Infantino, responsible for three infant deaths last year, are finally being recalled.
For all of our concerned family members, please rest assured that we are not using one of these. Our Sakura Bloom ring sling is not affected by the recall. I still believe baby wearing is a very safe practice, even at young ages, when the baby is healthy, attended to, and properly positioned.

Just yesterday, I wore Tye all over Chicago in her ring sling. It allowed me to have my hands free during our short walk to and from a mommy gathering at a local baby shop, and it gave her a chance to nap while I walked and window shopped with a friend. What I love about the ring sling is that it is easily adjusted to hold the baby in the same position she would be if she were in arms, but hands free. Here's a photo of us yesterday. If you ask me, this is a content little baby- and not at risk of suffocating.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, I just adore your daughter's name! That is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! She's named after her daddy, Tyler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Those Infantino slings look horrendous. I can't understand why so many companies are bringing out engineered versions of ring slings, when the originals are genuinely much better.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...