Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Favorite- Outdoor Restaurant Weather

The time has finally arrived in Chicago... It's warm enough to eat outside! We celebrated with a family trip to our neighborhood favorite, which just opened it's outdoor seating area. The manager recognized Mico from his visits last summer and was surprised to see our newest addition to the family!
Our neighborhood is known for it's little cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating. The portion of property between the sidewalk and the curb is transformed into a patio with tables and chairs, temporary fencing, and planters filled with herbs and flowers. In the warm months, patrons wait for hours to score a table on the sidewalk patio. Because the seating area is adjacent to the sidewalk, it makes a great location for people watching- a fun sport in our hipster neighborhood.
Okay, I'll admit... I didn't write this Friday. I was out enjoying the beautiful weather and a long lunch in the sun. I didn't write it Saturday, either- I was mourning the loss of the sunshine and hiding from the snow coming down outside. Yup, that's Chicago for you. It makes me that much more appreciative of the beautiful weather we had Friday and the opportunity to take advantage of it while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...