Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Not the greatest photo of Tye, but as babies do, she pooped through the outfit as soon as we arrived at my parents' house...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Tyler and I have so much to be thankful for this year- a new baby, our health, our loving family and friends. We have always had so much for which we are thankful, but this year, we can actually hug and hold much of it. We've spent much of this year reflecting on how much has changed for us since last year, when I was recovering from surgery after an ectopic pregnancy. While we had a new sense of appreciation and thankfulness for each other, our health, and our family, the sense of loss was still heavy in our hearts. I broke down in tears during our family dinner, choking back sobs over my vegan mashed potatoes and stuffing. This year, the pure joy we're able to celebrate is a stark contrast, and all the more appreciated. The scars from last year's surgery have stretched to contain new life, and while they'll always be there, they are miniscule, almost invisible, in comparison to the bundle of joy in our arms.
I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...