Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To Tye, at 10 months

Dear Tye,
Ten months.  I've now known you longer as a human, your own person, than I knew you within my belly.  Every day, I love getting to know you better.  Last night, you and I ate dinner at Whole Foods together while we were there shopping.  It felt like a date, just you and me, spending our time together.  We shared food, laughed at each other, and even sang along to the music a little bit.  You are quite a fun girl, little lady.


I love watching you express your preferences now, whether it is for food, toys, people, or activities.  You are trying hard to communicate with us, and for the most part, you do quite well for yourself even though you only have a few well-used words- right now, "da da," "ma ma," and "na na" for nursing.  You're imitating sounds well, though, and I know it won't be long before you're saying Ziggy and Mico and a whole collection of words.  


You're just so much fun right now.  I love playing with you, making you laugh, watching you try to make me laugh (it works every time).  Your fascination with the world is inspiring- I am amazed that you can empty the same drawers every day without losing enthusiasm for the game.  You are much more of an active companion now, which makes everything more fun, whether it's running errands or walking Mico.  


You have taught me a whole new level of happiness.  Thank you for the joy you bring to my life each day, Tye.  I love, love, love, love you.


Love, 
Mama
Tye this morning at the fountain at Wicker Park, where she could have watched the water for hours.

2 comments:

  1. she's at such a fun age! and it only gets better. I just love watching Caroline explore the world... oh what joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, I am almost crying :)
    Zainab

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...