Sunday, July 17, 2011

Welcome, 2nd Trimester!

Today marks the first day of my second trimester!  We celebrated with a lunch of fried zucchini blossoms stuffed with goat milk muenster cheese, both fresh from the farmer's market, before watching the US in the Women's World Cup Final game.  On Friday, I saw the midwife and we heard the baby's heartbeat again.  Because we've chosen to decline any screenings for birth defects, our visits are short and sweet- a good thing since Tye sits in a chair in the room with me the whole time.  


We've begun talking to Tye about the baby, and she now points to my belly when we ask her where the baby is (as opposed to pointing to her own belly, as she did initially).  Tye loves to straddle my lap facing me, lift my shirt, and kiss the baby.  I'm looking forward to her being able to feel the baby kick, which should happen relatively soon.  If it's like my first pregnancy, we only have a few weeks to wait.  While I can already feel little fluttering movements occasionally, I'm also looking forward to feeling more regular kicks as little reassurances that everything is okay.  


This first trimester has been a difficult one for me to practice appreciating every day.  It's just too easy for me to look forward to feeling better, feeling the baby, and even physically looking pregnant rather than just chubby.  As I enter this second trimester, I'm working to concentrate on being grateful for what I have each day.  I'm still small enough to avoid most aches and pains that will come later, I feel far better than I did earlier, I'm still able to nurse Tye, and I've had no complications so far.  Today is absolutely a day to celebrate.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats Em : ) The second trimester is the best! Tye is going to be an amazing big sister! Your lunch yesterday sounds delicious : ) Wish I lived closer to enjoy lunch with you and Tye.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...