Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March!

Every spring, I think, I don't think I've ever looked forward to spring this much.  I'm not sure if I'm just forgetting how desperately I wanted it to arrive last year, or if this year, having an energetic toddler is really that powerful.  I'm trying to remember that last year was the never-ending winter in which I stayed indoors from November 14- March, but all I can think about is how excited I am for warm weather to be here this year.  I can't wait for trips to the park and playground, long walks with Tye and Mico and maybe even runs with the jogging stroller, and playing on our deck.  I'm hungry for leaves on the trees and flowers popping up among the otherwise muddy landscape.  I'm counting down the days until I can take the fleece liner out of Tye's winter coat and stop wrestling her fingers through both sleeves every time we bundle up.  


Since late January, we've been clinging to each extra minute of sunlight- that one minute longer than the day before.  In 12 days, we'll be receiving the gift of an extra hour of evening sunlight.  The reward for waking up an hour earlier comes later in the day, when we can walk Mico after Tye's dinner and delay turning on lights for an extra hour of the evening.  In 12 days, it will really feel like spring.  


This morning Tye and I tried the local library story hour.  It was a bust.  Not the stories, though the librarian may have been missing a certain energy.  Sitting just wasn't happening for Tye., nor was standing in one place to listen to the stories.  After about 15 minutes of chasing Tye around the room and guiding her away from unprotected electrical sockets, I decided it was time to go.  I mentioned "coats" in a whisper and Tye began saying loudly, in the middle of a story, "Buyeee!  Buyeee!  Buyeeeeeee!"  


On the way home, we stopped at the park for some much-needed energy release.  Tye made a bee-line for the swings and as I pushed her for the first time in several months, she giggled hysterically.  That deep belly laugh lasted at least ten minutes straight and caught on with all the other caregivers around us who couldn't help but laugh at the little blue-eyed girl who was so in love with the swings.  One thing I know for sure about spring- whether she realizes it or not, Tye has never looked forward to spring so much.


Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...