Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beach Trip

We just returned from a last-minute trip to West Palm Beach.  Tyler's parents were there for their spring break, and Tyler was working in nearby Miami, so we spent a couple days in Florida with them.  The warm weather was such a welcome break from Chicago's cold.  You know what is really wonderful about even a quick getaway?  I truly felt like I was on vacation when during Tye's nap, I had nothing to do.  No chores, no laundry, no laptop around to check emails.  Between those blissfully peaceful naps, Tye and I had a great time walking around the neighborhood, playing in the sand at the beach, and generally stocking up on precious, naturally-derived vitamin D.  Sometimes even a couple days away can refuel the body and the soul, and this trip was just what we needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...