Monday, December 21, 2009

Meeting Mommies! (and babies!)

Friday morning, Tye and I went to our first play group. I found a group called Bucktown Babies on meetup.com. If you don't know about meetup.com, it's a really cool site that allows people to start groups based on common interests, and then anyone can view and join those groups. There are groups for everything you can imagine, from veganism to sports to weird things I had never heard of before. Once I joined the hundred or so moms in Bucktown Babies (I had to be approved by the group moderator first), I was able to view the already organized meetups, including one for new moms being held at someone's home Friday morning. All I had to do was RSVP and show up!
Tye may or may not have even noticed the other babies (I think they were all still out of her range of eye sight still, actually), but I loved being around other moms. I was one of 8 mom and baby couples, and I'm pretty sure we were both the youngest in our respective groups- no surprise there, really. Most of the babies were around 6 months old. It was incredible to smile and receive a huge smile in return (although Tye has started to smile real smiles!!! They are still few and far between, but they are absolutely real smiles!!!). We talked about working out, traveling with babies, finding nannies, and photographers, to name a few. All of the moms were super friendly. We're planning to make this a weekly get-together after the holidays. It will be so nice to have a mommy/baby meeting to look forward to every week! A guarantee that I'll see other adults at least one of the days Tyler is traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...