Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! 
As I was wishing a friend a happy Mother's Day,  I slowly came to a string of realizations: next year, I'll be a mom on Mother's Day; for the rest of my Mother's Days, I'll be a mom; I'll be a mother for the rest of my life.  
When I told Tyler about my moment of clarity (not that it's all that genius), he asked if I was freaking out about things that I hadn't done yet or want to do before motherhood. For me, it's not that at all- I feel I have some great experiences under my belt and I am in no way concerned that motherhood will keep me from anything I want to do in the future.  The reason the thought struck me so deeply is that once I give birth, my life will never, ever be the same.  "Mom" is a title I'll have for the rest of my life.  The only other life event I've experienced that is somewhat similar is marriage, when I took on the title of "Mrs. Nevius" for the rest of my life.  Just as when I was engaged, I am terrifically excited to accept my new title- sure, a little nervous about some of the details, but ready to grab Tyler's hand and jump in with both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...