Sunday, August 5, 2012

To Etta, at 7 Months

Dear Etta,

Happy 7 months, little one! You have grown so much in the past month! You recently entered a phase in which you are completely unsatisfied in my arms if there is any activity around us. You insist upon being down on the floor. Except that once you're there, in your attempt to move towards the action from your seated position, you usually perform a faceplant onto the floor. You are *this* close to crawling- you just need to start moving those hands and feet once you're on all fours. Oh, how that development will change our lives!

Wherever you are, you try your hardest to follow the action. If you sit with Daddy or me on the couch, you pull yourself up to look over the back of the couch and watch the movement in the kitchen. When we walk alongside Tye with you in the carrier, you hang over the side of the carrier as far as you can to watch Tye walk. You so desperately want a piece of the action that I'll be very happy for you once you can get there on your own.

Sometimes at night when I wake from a deep sleep to see you beside me, I panic. I think the girl laying beside me is Tye and my heart skips beats as I search desperately for my baby. And quickly I realize that the girl beside me is you- my baby- and you're just already that big.

I'm not sure where the time has gone and how you, my baby, have grown so much already. As we sit on the brink of you becoming mobile, I'm spending
every possible second holding you in my arms. You, my sweet, smiley, almost-mobile baby. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...