Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The more they sleep, the more they sleep.

Have you ever had a period of days all so busy, so full that you need a day of recovery?  I love being busy, but we hadn't had a break in our schedule for way too long.  Nothing was particularly exhausting (though the teething-induced lack of sleep wasn't helping), but everything was adding up to a sum greater than its parts.  I felt like I do when we return from vacation and I tell myself, I need a vacation from my vacation.   


We finally had our recovery day yesterday.  It was beautiful.  Tye slept until 9:30am.  When she fell asleep for her nap at noon, we were both still in our pajamas.   After waking an hour into her nap, she fell asleep in my arms and I decided to simply sit on the couch and watch recorded TV shows until she woke up.  She took another half hour nap at 5, and still went to bed about 8:30, within her normal range.   I guess I wasn't the only one feeling like I needed a day to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
-Em

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...